Places connected to the Sky
village of sundials with an ever growing number of beautiful and artwork sundials.
Copyright: Babak Tafreshi/Dreamview.net
As an IAU100 Endorsed Project Pc2S provides extra means to achieve the IAU100 main goals and objectives. It aims to raise awareness that astronomy represents a rich and significant aspect of cultural and natural heritage. It encourages the general public worldwide to engage with their local astronomy-related places and to present them alongside many others in this global collection which is separate from the case studies that form the main content of the portal, but is also searchable using our Astronomical Heritage Finder.
The following rules are established to support the Portal project team in their task to guide you with your individual submission. If you are in doubt about these rules and your situation, please do not hesitate to contact us to clarify them.
General rules for submitting Places
Format and extent of submissions
Describing a PC2S site requires a certain level of engagement (more than just providing the name and one describing sentence). The more your initial description intrigues us, the more likely it is, we accept it for further processing. We are looking for the widest possible range of connections to the sky, please browse through the list of already published PC2S sites to get an idea of what this means.
The process towards publication
- After you initially submitted your proposal, the Portal project team will discuss it and decide wether to accept your submission or not. In any case you are informed about our decision by email.
- If accepted, you will receive further instructions and a text template (you can also download it here) as well. to help you with the kind of details we need for publication.
- You then should, within a reasonable timeframe, put together the information as requested and return them by email to us.
- We will evaluate your documentation and possibly get back to you to clarify details.
- Once the documentation is evaluated, we will transfer it to the Portal database and eventually publish the site.
All submissions and detailed descriptions must be provided in english language. The Portal project team does not have ressources to translate contributions from other languages into english, which is the only language supported on the Portal to the Heritage of Astronomy.
Donation to the Portal
You are welcome to donate a small amount of money towards the operation of the Portal. However such a donation is neither required for your submission, nor does it influence our evaluation wether to accept your submission or not. It would merely show your support for our work and your willingness to help us keep the portal operational.